Product Qualification Testing
HED utilizes a comprehensive Test Guideline that is based upon industry standards and HED’s product development experience. The test guideline is separated into the Mechanical, Electrical and EMC areas. Each individual test has an associated procedure within the guideline. HED is able to incorporate industry standards and can tailor the testing to specific customer needs.
- •Combined Thermal Stability incorporates low, storage, and high environmental temperature extremes.
- •HALT, or Highly Accelerated Life Testing, is a harsh environmental test incorporating simultaneous temperature extremes and vibration up to 50g.
- •Water ingress tests including IP64, IP67, IP9K, and Military standards.
- •HED electrically verifies vehicle extremes and malfunctions including open, shorts, jump starts, voltage ranges, power droop, reverse voltage, series-and-parallel resistance and imported spikes.
- •Powered and unpowered ESD tests are performed at HED. We have even designed an ESD coupling test to verify ungrounded mounting.
- •Industry-standard and HED-specific verification for BCI and radiated emissions & immunity are completed.
In summary HED has a robust product development process that incorporates a comprehensive component Test Guideline. We tailor the test plan to the customer application as required. Watch HED's Test Capabilities video.
Product Qualification Slideshow
Industry-standard and HED-specific verification for BCI and radiated emissions & immunity are completed.