New Product Development Process
When your vision for your control system includes unique functionality or new look & feel, you may need HED to create a custom device. Be it a controller, display, keypad or other device, customization is HED’s secret sauce. Our NPD (New Product Development Process) ensures your new product meets your precise requirements functionality, quality, cost and completion date. Whether your vision calls for a product modification, such as I/O configuration or housing changes, or a new product from the ground-up, HED is ready to lead you through the process and bring your vision to life.
- VOC: Customer requirements documented and signed-off up front and at all phases
- APQP-based (Advanced Product Quality Planning) with formal phase-gate reviews to exit each phase
- In house team: Hardware, firmware, mechanical housing and application software are all designed and tested in-house.
- HED Project Managers will manage a project timeline that suits your vehicle development schedule
- Rigorous product validation & test on all new products conducted at HED (and out of house as required) to your requirements. Complete test documentation report provided.
Advanced Product Quality Planning
HED utilizes a New Product Development (NPD) process that is based upon Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) methodology. The NPD process is a structured method of defining and establishing the steps necessary to assure that a product satisfies the customer. The goals are to ensure a quality product on time at the lowest cost.
NPD process key characteristics are:
- Upfront definition of requirements, together with test plans and project timing.
- Robust design practice including FMEAs, design guidelines and product validation.
- Structured component and scope change processes.
- Customer approval at key milestones
- HED top management commitment to the effort required in achieving customer satisfaction.